- RSS Channel Showcase 6810167
- RSS Channel Showcase 4704231
- RSS Channel Showcase 5506864
- RSS Channel Showcase 3647322
Articles on this Page
- 01/30/17--17:37: _PETA wants your Spa...
- 01/31/17--23:38: _Inferno First Look
- 02/01/17--10:22: _Nottingham Beware!
- 02/03/17--09:59: _Horus Heresy Weeken...
- 02/03/17--18:25: _Inferno Army Summar...
- 02/03/17--23:32: _Inferno Army Summar...
- 02/04/17--03:20: _Inferno Army Summar...
- 02/04/17--03:33: _New Custodes Models
- 02/04/17--06:26: _More Custodes Model...
- 02/04/17--09:24: _Inferno Army Summar...
- 02/04/17--09:34: _Forge World New Mod...
- 02/05/17--04:36: _Sister of Silence K...
- 02/05/17--06:57: _Custodes heavy Drea...
- 02/05/17--12:30: _Horus Heresy Previe...
- 02/13/17--10:01: _Heresy Trading on F...
- 02/17/17--12:37: _Inferno Arrives!
- 02/20/17--23:32: _Forge World addicti...
- 02/22/17--13:17: _Space Wolves Tactic...
- 02/28/17--12:32: _Quick and Very Cool...
- 03/03/17--10:47: _Legio Custodes Cont...
- 01/30/17--17:37: PETA wants your Space Wolves Pelts!
- 01/31/17--23:38: Inferno First Look
- 02/01/17--10:22: Nottingham Beware!
- 02/03/17--09:59: Horus Heresy Weekender 2017 - It begins!
- 02/03/17--18:25: Inferno Army Summaries - Part 1 The Thousand Sons
- You must determine your Warlord first when creating an army. Warlord must be an IC with a ML of 1 or more and with the highest Ld value.
- Access to all BRB psychic disciplines except Malefic.
- HQ IC that are not psykers can buy ML1 + exchange power -> force weapon for 5 points
- Each unit must select an Arcana from one of five.
- Compulsory Troops MUST have the same Arcana as the Warlord.
- If Arcana = Psy discipline, then the unit can harness Warp Charges on a 3+
- If a detachment unit suffers a wound from Perils, every unit in the force must test for pinning.
- If every IC in the detachment are killed, all remaining units suffer -1 Ld and cannot sweep.
- Pavoni, +1 to run and sweeping advance distances
- Raptora, 6++ Inv or augment existing Inv save by 1 to a maximum of 3++
- Corvidae, re-roll failed To-Hit of 1 if the unit has remained stationary in this turn's movement phase
- Athanean, immune to Fear and gets Adamantium Will
- Pyrae, gain Hammer of Wrath, or if already has HoW gets a second HoW
- Praetors MUST buy ML 1 up to 3, and can do the power -> force swap.
- Veterans and Legion Termies can buy Brotherhood of Psykers ML1.
- IC can buy Arcane Litanies to ignore their first failed Perils.
- Aether-Fire Cannons are 36" S7 AP2 plasma cannons with Heavy 1, Blast, Soul Blaze, Gets Hot
- Asphyx Shells get Shred. IC can buy them for bolt pistol/gun, combi-bolters. Veterans and Legion Termies can also buy them. Rotor Cannon support squads can also buy them.
- Any Contemptor Talon can pay for the Osiron upgrade.
- Gain Psychic Pilot ML1. Powers are generated from Telekinesis, Telepathy, Pyromancy or Divination.
- Gain Adamantium Will.
- Must exchange the CCW with: Dreadnought Force Blade, Sx2 AP2 Force with inbuilt combi-bolter and Asphyx Shell
- Same stats as a Castellax, but unless noted they lose all special rules (e.g. cortex)
- Mauler Cannon with Asphyx Shells and Refractor Field.
- Can replace the Mauler with an Aether-Fire Cannon.
- As long as a LA: TS unit with at least ML1 is within 24", the unit behaves normally. Otherwise, no Charge, Run or Sweeping.
- Can fire 3 weapons.
- LA: TS psykers within 12" can use the Castellax to cast Witchfires and Maledictions; range and LoS measured from the Castellax.
- If ANYONE suffers a Peril (friend or foe) within 12", do a Ld test. Failure = d6 automatic wounds, no saves of any kind. Death from this effect result in maximum reactor blast.
- Elites, 5 strong, with two wounds.
- Can be equipped with either Tartaros or Cataphractii armor. Your choice.
- Equipped with force weapon of your choice and combi-bolters with Asphyx shells.
- Brotherhood of Psykers ML2.
- Can take a Proteus DT if 5, or a Spartan if 6-10.
- Any can replace the force weapon with a pfist PLUS a lightning claw or another pfist or a chainfist.
- Any can buy combi-weapons and retain the Asphyx Shells.
- Elites, 5 strong in power armour with two force swords.
- Brotherhood ML1.
- If 3 or less in unit, +1A to everyone.
- If 4-8, +1A and +1 WS
- If 9-10, +2A and +2 WS
- FA scouts, 5 strong, with sniper rifles.
- Brotherhood of Psykers ML1.
- For every 5, one can take a meltagun or plasma gun.
- Can have a Storm Eagle as a DT.
- Unique psy power: Mind Killer, allows re-rolling all failed To Hit and To Wound, and attacks Ignore Cover.
- 02/03/17--23:32: Inferno Army Summaries Part 2 - Talons of the Emperor
- 02/04/17--03:20: Inferno Army Summaries - Part 3 The Thousand Sons Characters
ML4 Psyker, locked to Divination.
Adamantium Will, Precision Strike, IC, Marked by Dark Fates, Master of the Legion.
MC Force Axe, MC bolt pistol with Asphyx, Iron Halo, Arcane Litanies.
Warlord: Pattern of Fates. Pick up to three Troop units with the LA: TS rule to give them Scout.
Ahriman's Cabal: Command Squads for Ahriman must buy an upgrade to Brotherhood ML2, are locked to the Corvidae Arcana, and are locked to the Divination discipline.
ML3 Psyker, Divination and Telepathy.
Gets the Arcana of both Corvidae and Athanean.
Master of the Legion, Infiltrate.
Archeotech pistol, MC force sword, Arcane Litanies.
Armour of Shades: 2+ save, 4+ cover save in the open, +2 to save if in cover. Or if joined to a unit, 6+ cover save in the open, or +1 to save if in cover. Maximum 2+.
Dust of the Devourers: Once per game in assault, forgo attacks to deal Poison 4+), concussive, AP4 hits. Against a unit of 5 or less, d6 auto hits. Against a unit of 6 or more, 2d6 auto hits.
Hidden Servants & Secret Scrying: If Amon is in the detachment, can re-roll Seize the Initiative. Enemy units arriving vis Outflank cannot enter play within 24" of Amon unless coming from their own table edge, or within 12" if deep striking.
Warlord: Lord of Hidden Paths. Select a single non suer-heavy or Flyer. Unit must enter play from Reserve via Outflank on the turn you specify except the first. No rolling for reserve needed.
Sire of the Thousand Sons: LA: TS units use Magnus' leadership for pinning, morale, and perils. All reserve rolls for your army can be re-rolled. Sekhmet and Legion Termies can be taken as a Troops choice with no Arcana requirements.
Arch-Sorcerer: Psyker ML 5. Harness WC on a 3+. Perils only on rolling 3 sixes or more and re-roll 1's. Randomly generate powers freely from all five BRB disciplines and Sanctic.
The Horned Raiment: 2+ 4++ armour. Reduce wounds from Destroyer weapons by 1.
Blade of Anh-Nunurta: S+2, AP1, Force, Two-Handed.
Psyfire Serpenta: 15" S8 AP2, Assault d3, Soul Blaze.
Eye of the Crimson King: No LoS requirements for psy powers: all models in range are valid targets. Additionally all psy attacks have Ignore Cover.
Phantasmal Aura: Attacks against Magnus or his unit have a -1 To Hit penalty. Barrage weapons add +1 to scatter distance.
Mind Wrath: Declare Mind Wrath when manifesting a witchfire. WC cost goes up by 2. Double listed range, and add 2d6 to the S value; if S becomes 11 or more the attack gains the Destroyer special rule.
Alembic Adamant: LA: TS units within 6" of an objective auto pass pinning and morale tests.
Caustic of Grace: LA: TS fire overwatch at BS2.
Transition of Vitriol: LA:TS can re-roll to hit and to wound against units that are Falling Back.
Troop choices must be at maximum unit size.
Cannot have more vehicles with the Tank or Flyer type than you have Infantry.
Astral Warfare: Roll 2d6 for generating warp charges at the start of the psy phase; pick the highest.
Wreathed in Lightning, they Rend the Veil: All terminator-equipped models, and Magnus, can deploy via Deep Strike teleportation. When they arrive they gain Fear and can re-roll failed Inv saves of 1 until the next controlling player's turn.
Initiates of the Scarab: Sekhmet Cabals must be taken as your compulsive troops, and more can be taken as optional troops.
Bidding of the Crimson King: Magnus can be taken as the compulsory HQ and does not count as a LoW.
The Warlord must be Ahriman, Magnus, or a ML3 Praetor. No, Amon is specifically left out.
Cannot have more vehicles (any) than you have units with LA: TS.
No allies and fortifications.
- 02/04/17--03:33: New Custodes Models
- 02/04/17--06:26: More Custodes Model Photos
- 02/04/17--09:24: Inferno Army Summaries - Part 4 The Space Wolves
- 02/04/17--09:34: Forge World New Model Seminar!
- 02/05/17--04:36: Sister of Silence Kharon photos
- 02/05/17--06:57: Custodes heavy Dreadnought Revealed!
- 02/05/17--12:30: Horus Heresy Previews - Angelus Seminar Notes
- 02/13/17--10:01: Heresy Trading on Facebook!
- 02/17/17--12:37: Inferno Arrives!
- 02/20/17--23:32: Forge World addiction? What Forge World addiction?
- 02/22/17--13:17: Space Wolves Tactics in 30K
- 02/28/17--12:32: Quick and Very Cool Wrecked Vehicle Markers!
- 03/03/17--10:47: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought
PETA is after the Space Wolves!
This from Slashgear:
PETA has written to Games Workshop CEO Kevin Rountree asking that the leading British miniature war-gaming brand ban “fur” garments from all Warhammer characters. While we appreciate that they are fictional, draping them in what looks like a replica of a dead animal sends the message that wearing fur is acceptable – when, in fact, it has no more place in 2017 than it would in the year 40,000.
Dear Emperor, please tell me this is a joke.
Your loyal servant, Loken
Inferno is almost here!
From Forge World:
Last week, we saw the cover of the hugely anticipated ‘Inferno’ for the first time.
Well, that is the word from the Overlords at Forge World! I will be at the Horus Heresy Weekender and blogging live!
The bags are packed and I am at LAX waiting for my flight. Next stop Atlanta for 5 hours then London Heathrow.
Magnus' Sons are here!
|No, it is not Ben Kingsley!|
INFERNO COVERAGE PART 1 - THOUSAND SONS
And what is this?
Thanks to Vhalyar for is summary and check out Heresy30K, the # 1 forum for Horus Heresy players!
|But it does look like Ben Kingsley in Ender's Game!|
And here's what you get to work with:
Preternatural skill, the sodality, and inviolable psyche are unchanged from their WD rules.
Custodian armour doesn't give an invulnerable save, but all units have refractor field.
Praesidum shield confers a rerolll to invuln saves (against shooting and in combat), but doesn't give a 4+ anymore, just a -1 to hit them while in combat.
Custodes Terminator Armour = 2+/4++, relentless, can't run but can overwatch and sweeping advance.
All custodes infantry can take teleportation transponders.
Vexilla can be taken 1 per squad, confers fear, reroll failed leadership tests, and +1 to combat resolution to all friendly units within 12" (doesn't stack for multiples).
New wargear option called "arae-shrikes" any enemy unit attempting to deepstrike within 12" of a model with one of these (before scatter) must roll a d6, on a 4+ it suffers a mishap, even if it has rules otherwise (internal guidance systems etc). Also causes barrage weapons fired against the squad to roll 3d6 scatter taking the highest.
Guardian Spear has 3 versions, plain, melta and Adrathic
Custodes can have paragon spear (paragon blade meets guardian spear)
Cusodes have access to solarite power gaunlets and talons (what imperial fists have, with a lightning claw version)
Adrathic weapons are a set of guns,str5-6 ap, instant death, armourbane, gets hot
Adrastus bolt caliver (what the new 'bolter' guys have on the cover), two versions -
30" range heavy bolter
Disintegration Beam which is 12" str5 ap2 instant death, armourbane, gets hot. Not a combi-weapon.
Arachus blaze cannon has two profiles -
Burst fire 36" str6 ap5 3shots
Concemtrated 48" str8 ap1 1shot, exoshock
Sisters of Silence
Two levels of psychic nulling, best bits reserved for elites and HQs won't go into it here, too much.
All sisters are fearless and have hatred (psykers).
All sisters belong to a cadre, all sisters in a detachment are from the same cadre, gain one of the follow (your pick)
-overawe (+1 to combat resolution)
Execution blade is only ap3, but has duelists edge (+1i in challenges) and is ap2 on rolls to hit of 5 or 6.
Have access to needle pistols and an assault2 gun version
The Thousand Sons' characters examined.
Here is Vhalyar's summary of the rules for Thousand Sons characters from the newly released "Inferno".
INFERNO COVERAGE PART 2 - THOUSAND SONS CHARACTERS
Magnus the Red
The Sorcerer of Prospero, The Crimsong King, The Logos Maxima, The Cyclopean Giant
Unique ROW: Axis of Dissolution
Unique ROW: The Guard of the Crimson King
Thanks to Vhalyar for is summary and check out Heresy30K, the # 1 forum for Horus Heresy players!
Custodes models in bound!
And the Custodes jetbike is sweet!
Thanks to Garro for these photos!
More Custodes photos for you.
I love this stuff, so I took a bunch of photos for you all.
Space Wolves rules!
Here is Garro's continual summary of the rules from the newly released "Inferno".
As we keep saying, this is the hottest book yet, with so much new stuff and THREE great armies (Thousand Sons, Space Wolves, Talons of the Emperor - Custodes, SIsters)
INFERNO COVERAGE PART 2 - SPACE WOLVES
gain +1WS if they are successfully charged, and also have counterattack
models without jump packs or terminator armour gain +1 to run and consolidation moves
ignore night fighting, may reroll outflank, and infiltrators may not deploy within 18" regardless of line of sight
must take at less 1HQ for each 1,000pts (1,500pts etc must take 2)
champlain, libraran and primus medicae are not allowed (replaced)
all existing troops choices gain 'support squad'
space wolves have their own Warlord traits (sagas) can ONLY take these, not others.
Rites of War
+1 to reserves
all units without terminator armour gain hit and run, but only run 2d6 rather than 3d6 as usual
successful charges gain an additional +1 to attack (stacks with rage, regular charge bonus, etc)
no artillery or drop pods of any kind
only a single Heavy support choice
all grey slayer and assault squads must attempt a charge if in range
+1 to combat resolution if in enemy deployment zone
gains a certain warlord trait that allows all units to reroll all charges and run rolls for a single turn, warlord can still get this trait allowing for 2 turns
no allied space marines, and no immobile. artillery or slow and purposeful units allowed either
Fenrisan Wolves can be purchased for praetors or centurions for cost
frost blades are in, blade, axe, claw and great blade are choices
aether-rune armour gives +1W and reroll deny the witch
comes with power axe and bolt pistol, may take rad grenades,
are fearless while in combat, also any model killed before it attack in closecombat, may still attack, instead at I1 as long as the squad isn't wiped out.
Varagyr wolf guard terminators
terminators all with frost weapons
if charges over 6", makes a str5 hammer of wrath attack, chosen warriors, gains +1 to combat resolation if enemy challenger is killed
10-20 man troops choice
1in5 can swap out for power fists etc
start with just CCW and bolt pistol, but can buy bolter, combat shield, heavy chainblade, or power weapon for price
can not go to ground.
may charge after runnning or firing bolters, but has -1" to charge range
Geigor Fellhand (from burning of prospero boxset)
ap2 mastercrafted lightning claw,may charge after runnning or firing bolters, but has -1" to charge range
up to 3 infantry units gain scout
ap2 +2str axe, not unwieldy
in tartarus terminator armour
preist of fernis
general consul upgrades,
must choose to be a 'speaker of the dead' or 'caster of runes' gaining abilites depending
wolf guard and veteran tactical squads are troops,
all wolves gain +1leadership
sword is ap2 with shred, axe is +2str ap2 sunder non unwieldy
wolfkin of russ
1 model units, take must start within 6" of russ, then run off. pretty nasty against small units or stragglers.
Thanks to Garro and for updates, check out his page on Facebook.
Scoria is being worked on.
Thanks again to Battle Bunnies for their photographs!
Straight out of Flash Gordon!
The Sisters of Silence are in charge of the Imperial Tithe, and we aren't talking taxes! It is the culling of psykers! And here is how they collect them. With totally silent vehicles delivered via the Black Fleet.
The Angelus Seminar closed out the Horus Heresy Weekender.
I was way in the back, so thanks here to Battle Bunnies for all their photos and notes.
Thanks again to Drake and his Battle Bunnies for all their hard work this weekend and do follow their blog at Battle Bunnies.
Heresy Trading gets a US group!
I have been a member of the Heresy Trading group on Facebook, but sadly, that group seems to be 95% U.K. based. And with shipping being as expensive as it is these days, I felt we needed a U.S. group.
So we started a new group on Facebook for all of you based in the US who want to buy/sell/trade your Horus Heresy models, bits, books etc. Make sure you check it out!
I have already sold a bunch of my Forge World models!
Within the leather-bound, 312-page book, you’ll find detailed background information on the Fall of Prospero, told across six chapters from The Trial of The Sorcerer to The Seeds of Heresy, exploring the bitter struggle to defend Prospero from the merciless punishment meted out by the Imperium’s forces. Included are full army lists for Space Wolves, Thousand Sons and Talons of the Emperor, allowing you to play the full Prospero campaign – 4 Missions, 3 Conclusion Missions and 3 Legendary Missions are included, alongside a host of special and optional rules.
The Space Wolves and Thousand Sons benefit from Legion-specific Rites of War and specific units and wargear, with full rules for their respective Primarchs included.
Full background for the forces involved is included: on the side of the Imperium you’ll find Space Wolves, Legio Custodes, Sisters of Silence, Servants of the Warmaster and the Ordo Sinister covered in great detail, with the same care and attention placed upon the background of the forces of Prospero: the Thousand Sons, Legio Xestobiax and the Forge World of Zhao Arkhad.
Also included is a Mechanicum appendix – this features rules for the Acastus Knight Porphyrion, Vultarax Stratos-automata and Karacnos Assault Tank, amongst others.
The Horus Heresy Book Seven: Inferno is a complete expansion for the Warhammer 40,000 game – it requires the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, the Legiones Astartes Crusade Army List and the Mechanicum Taghmata Army List books to use all of its contents.
Hi, my name is Loken, and I am a resin addict.
My good buddy Pete at the Pete Happens blog, wrote this article on Space Wolves Tactics in 30K.
Pete is a fantastic student of the game and his analysis of different armies is always of interest to me. Here is his take on the Space Wolves in Inferno:
From Pete de Florio:
Russ is also an especially interesting Primarch. He is a true lead from the front warlord and his legions buck tradition and are extensions of Russ's personality. To other Primarchs though, he is the executioner of the Emperor. He is rightfully feared, as it was the Space Wolves sent to destroy 2 of the initial 20 primarchs and Legions when they strayed from the Emperor's light.
With release of Horus Heresy Book 7 - Inferno, we finally have rules to play out the Burning of Prospero, the Epic clash of the Space Wolves sent to exterminate the Thousand Sons.
The Space Wolf Legion Rules really focus on their unique infantry and dispersed HQ great company structure. As you will see, the rigid structure heavily restricts build options but adds flavor by layering rules through a mix of IC, unit, ROW and war gear rules.
So are Space Wolves the lap dogs of the Emperor or the incarnate of the Emperor's executioners? Let's take a look in bite sized pieces.
++ Numeration: The VIth Legion ++ Primogenitor: Leman Russ ++ Allegiance: Loyalist
Preferred Style of Fighting
"Since the days of the VIth Legion's inception on Terra, it has remained a Legion apart from its fellows, its origins shrouded as it garnered a fearsome reputation for its warriors' prowess as a shock-assault force as well as tireless pursuers and a peerless hunter-killer force. Unexpected violence was the Legion's calling card, its campaigns unsubtle, but brutally swift. Like their latter-day namesakes, the wolves of old Terra, its warriors' assaults are calculated exercises in ferocity, aimed to tear and rend until the foe lies in ruins or is driven to its death."
"Conditioned to hold a near-suicidal disregard for danger and trained to exploit this to the fullest on the battlefield, the heavy infantry that form the core of the Legion's battalions are a force that has been honed in battle against the countless enemies of Mankind and, it is whispered, against their own wayward brothers. For, unlike their brother Legions, the Space Wolves were kept under the tight control of the Imperial Court and unleashed at the Emperor's command as often to chastise those who would renege on their oaths of service as to destroy those who resisted the offer of Compliance."
So, if you want Pete's analysis, you need to go to his page to check it out and start following him! You can find it here.
And next up is his Thousand Sons analysis.
The current rage in wrecked vehicle markers.
Make your own for a buck each. Here are the guys from WW40K Australia with a quick tutorial:
The new Custodes Achillus Dreadnought is here!
And damn, it kicks traitor ass!
Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought £56 ($68.50)
From Forge World:
Pick up the two unique Legio Custodes Contemptor Dreadnoughts in one click with this bundle, giving you a pair of great resin models with which to fill the Elite and Heavy Support slots in a Legio Custodes army. You’ll receive:
The eminently-posable Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought; featuring open and closed hands, shoulder and elbow ball sockets and differing foot options allowing a huge variety of modelling options; his Dreadspear can be wielded in either or both hands, with a choice of two wrist-mounted storm bolters, Infernus incinerators or Adrathic destructors, and:
A Legio Custodes Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought, wielding a huge Galatus Warblade with its inbuilt twin-linked infernus incinerator, and equipped with a vastly enlarged version of the Custodes Praesidium shield.
This bundle includes 2 60mm round bases.