- RSS Channel Showcase 3282962
- RSS Channel Showcase 5741544
- RSS Channel Showcase 1189198
- RSS Channel Showcase 3794945
Articles on this Page
- 02/07/14--07:44: _Forge World Release...
- 02/10/14--08:38: _Forge World Blog # ...
- 02/11/14--07:02: _Kharybdis Assault C...
- 02/14/14--07:23: _Imperial Knights Ru...
- 02/15/14--11:41: _Imperial Knights ar...
- 02/15/14--19:49: _Legion of the Damne...
- 02/16/14--09:39: _7th Edition Rumors
- 02/17/14--20:49: _GW Releases Knight ...
- 02/18/14--09:24: _New Knight Photo an...
- 02/19/14--07:33: _Black Library Relea...
- 02/19/14--16:32: _Forge World News an...
- 02/20/14--08:15: _Imperial Knights Ph...
- 02/20/14--12:54: _New HellBrute Sighted
- 02/20/14--21:13: _The Big Game IV - T...
- 02/21/14--08:01: _Dreadclaw Drop Pod ...
- 02/22/14--00:54: _Imperial Knights Re...
- 02/22/14--10:41: _Impreial Knights Ph...
- 02/22/14--21:06: _Spikey Bitz giving ...
- 02/23/14--09:01: _Legion of the Damne...
- 02/23/14--19:24: _Imperial Knighst Ru...
- 02/07/14--07:44: Forge World Releases Kharn the Betrayer
- 02/10/14--08:38: Forge World Blog # 4 Up
- 02/11/14--07:02: Kharybdis Assault Claw Unboxing Video
- 02/14/14--07:23: Imperial Knights Rules!
- 02/15/14--11:41: Imperial Knights are Coming!
- 02/15/14--19:49: Legion of the Damned Codex Spotted
- 02/16/14--09:39: 7th Edition Rumors
- 02/17/14--20:49: GW Releases Knight Video
- 02/18/14--09:24: New Knight Photo and Pricing!
- 02/19/14--07:33: Black Library Releases Visions of Heresy
- 02/19/14--16:32: Forge World News and Notes
- 02/20/14--08:15: Imperial Knights Photos and Info
- 02/20/14--12:54: New HellBrute Sighted
- 02/20/14--21:13: The Big Game IV - The World's Biggest Apocalypse Game
- 02/21/14--08:01: Dreadclaw Drop Pod Returns to Forge World!
- 02/22/14--00:54: Imperial Knights Released! White Dwarf Photos
- 02/22/14--10:41: Impreial Knights Photos, Details, Sprues
- 02/22/14--21:06: Spikey Bitz giving away 60 lbs of Bits!
- 02/23/14--09:01: Legion of the Damned Codex is Out
- 02/23/14--19:24: Imperial Knighst Rules Clairification
Kharn is here and he is kicking ass!
A skilled warrior and duellist, Khârn was a line captain at the time of Angron’s rediscovery, but soon rose to become his Primarch’s equerry and one of the few whose counsel he heeded. It was Khârn who acted as the voice of reason for Angron, often bringing his master back from the brink of insanity and curbing the worst of his bloody excesses.
Khârn the Bloody
8th Captain of the World Eaters
You can read it on the Forge World website. And its a Minotaur's Devastator. Pretty cool.
But overall the blog continues to be a bit weak. Being a blogger who tries and cover everything 40K, I don't have nearly the resources at my disposal to put up a lot of cool stuff as Forge World does. And they only put out a blog once a week! We all love Forge World and I really wish they would give us more insight into the workings of the studio. How about an interview every week with someone from the studio? More insight into what is coming, design philosophy etc.
None the less, I am happy Forge World has taken this step to create the blog and I hope they grow it.
Check out this video unboxing of the Kharybdis Assault Claw.
Rob Baer over at Spikey Bits loves his 40K and did this great video on the Kharybdis. First, what is it?
From Forge World:
Employed by many Legions as their primary ship-to-ship assault craft, the Kharybdis is a monstrous drop pod capable of carrying large assault forces through the void and mounting significant firepower to blast a path through defending small craft.
As a fully operational dropship, Kharybdis assault claws also serve as orbit-to-surface transports, a role that allows them to use the firepower of their storm launchers and melta cutters to scour clean their chosen landing zone before disembarking their deadly cargo.
Some aggressive commanders employ the Kharybdis as an effective tank hunter, ramming enemy armour in daring low-altitude attack runs.
Complete multi-part resin kit designed by Will Hayes.
Kharybdis Assault Claw is £145 or $ 236 from Forge World.
Imperial Knights are coming and they are bad ass!
And they are supposedly Super-Heavy Walkers. Here are the stats being reported by Blood of Kittens. There is also a good conversation on Bell of Lost Souls Lounge.
Knight Paladin: 375 ptsKnight Errant: 370pts
WS:4 BS:4 S:10 I:4 A:3 AV:13/12/12
Chainsword: S: D
Shield: 4+ Invul on one facing you choose in opponent's shooting phase
Cannon: R:72 S:8 AP:3 Ordinance 2 Large blast
Heavy Stubber (x2)
Fusion Weapon: R:36 S:9 Large blast, Melta
Escalation continues to be the rage at GW, making games bigger and badder!
Well, they are real and they are coming!
Note rules. This will be a big release!
7th Edition arrives in May
-A "true" release
- Updated fortification rules
- Integrated super-heavy rules
- Clarifications and FAQed rules from 6th
-Overwatch altered to deny shooting next turn
-Unit to unit assault leaping via consolidation moves returning to the rules
Knights are most defintely coming!
You know that it gets real when Games Workshop releases a teaser video!
Now give me some real photos!
The countdown to Knights has begun!
Today we get a size comparison (It is in keeping with other big 40K models we have seen) and pricing. It ain't cheap!
Save those pennies. I want 3!
Visions of Heresy is being released in Hard Cover.
The book that was released in a limited edition leather version, so now coming out in hard cover for those not ready to spend $ 250 for it! (The new edition is $ 70).
From The Black Library:
From the ashes of the Great Crusade, treachery was born. Always first among the superhuman primarchs, the newly dubbed Warmaster Horus turned his back upon the Emperor and embraced the dark powers of Chaos. With fully half the military might of the fledgling Imperium at his command, he set his sights upon the throne of Holy Terra and waged a war which would divide the galaxy forever...
ABOUT THE BOOK
Visions of war, visions of darkness, of treachery and death – all of this and more is contained within this heretical volume. Iconic depictions of the Space Marine Legions and the heroes that commanded them are presented alongside artwork from renowned artist Neil Roberts, as well as brand new historical notes on the Warhammer 40,000 universe by Alan Merrett. Witness the end of an era and the beginning of something far darker, as the Heresy continues to unfold.
A stunning hardback artefact book for fans of the Horus Heresy.
This Edition will be released in stores on Saturday March 15th. All pre-order copies will commence shipping in the week commencing March 10th.
You can order the book on the Black Library Website.
I already have my leather bound version. ;-)
So much to report on Forge World this week, So let's get rolling...
Forge World Open Day
Forge World Open Day is sold out. No surprise. If I lived in the UK I would be there!
Forge World's January Top Ten Sellers
1. Calas Typhon First Captain of the Death Guard
2. Imperial Armour Volume Two Second Edition
3. The Horus Heresy Book Two - Massacre
4. Lorgar Primarch of the Word Bearers
5. Iron Hands Legion MkIII Squad
6. Death Guard Grave Wardens
7. The Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal
8. Ferrus Manus Primarch of the Iron Hands
9. Legion Fire Raptor
10. World Eaters Red Butchers
And a host of new releases this week. Iron Hands,
The transfer sheets have 282 individual decals and have decals for Adeptus Mechanicus, various Knight Households and freelance versions.
And from Warseer:
Houses mentioned on the two decal sheets:
HawkshroudDegallioGriffithMortanTerryn (first Knight house founded)Cadmus (recently transferred allegiance from Admech to Imperium)
KrastVulkerTaranisRaven (Largest Knight household, based on Forge World Metallica)
Obsidian KnightCrimson KnightForgotten KnightWhite ReaperAmaranthine
So, an interesting release as these mini-Titans take to the 40K battlefield. Look to this week's White Dwarf for release info.
Yes, the photos are small, but here is what 40K Radio posted. Not much else to tell here. We have heard that the Hell Brute is being released on its own, in a more detailed kit.
Loken here with news on The World's Biggest Apocalypse Game!
This year I have been buried with opening a new game store (Dice of War in Rancho Cucamonga, CA), a new consulting gig working on an Avengers project for Marvel and launching my Star Trek movie project Star Trek: Axanar. Yeah, the life of a geek!
So The Big Game will be a bit smaller this year, but still a fun day of Apocalypse gaming all over the world.
As always, Dark Sphere Gaming in London is hosting a game, Good Games in Lanyon, Canberra, Australia has a game, the ever present Max Golovanov will have Russia geared up. And of course, I will host The Big Game IV at Dice of War Games in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Towards the end of the Horus Heresy, the use of Dreadclaw Drop Pods became more widespread especially within those Legions who favoured the aggressive nature of its machine spirit. These vehicles were retained in the Traitor Legions’ arsenals as they fled towards the Eye of Terror following their defeat, and can still be seen today at the forefront of many Chaos Space Marine assaults.
The Legion Dreadclaw Drop Pod, designed by Phil Stutcinskas, is a complete resin and plastic kit, and is available to pre-order now. This model will be despatched from Friday 28th February.
Full rules for the Anvillus pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod can be found in the forthcoming The Horus Heresy Book Three – Extermination, but until then you can use the rules for the Dreadclaw Drop Pod in The Horus Heresy Book One – Betrayal or the rules for the Chaos Space Marine Dreadclaw in Imperial Armour: Aeronautica.
More photos are out and the kits look amazing.
40K keeps looking more like Apocalypse!
Imperial Knights are out!
They are posted on the Games Workshop and you can see them here.
From Games Workshop:
Fealty, Honour and Duty.
- The Adeptus Mechanicus Houses of Raven and Taranis.
- Obsidian Knight, the Freeblade.
- Aquilas and kill markings.
This kit comes supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Thin Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
Damn, this is a beauty!
Rob Baer and his boys at Spikey Bits are giving away 60lbs of Bits!
And all you have to do is like their pages!
When we hit 10,000 Subscribers on YouTube, and / or 45,000 likes on Facebook, we'll give away one sack of bits at a time from the kits left over from when we stopped selling bits to a random subscriber.
WE HAVE A TON OF BITS TO GIVE AWAY!
All you have to do for a chance to win is subscribe to our YouTube channel, (or already be subscribed) and we'll pick one lucky subscriber per bag of bits from all of our subs to win that particular sack of bits.
There will be A LOT of Winners!
But wait there's more! If we hit 10,000 subscribers AND 45,000 likes on Facebook in the next month (March 17th) we'll give away one of DreamForge-Games' Titans as well!
More info here.
So go like their pages!
The Legion of the Damned Codex is out!
You got to love that every little faction can get its own Codex. The Legion is a part of Space Marine lore and so fitting they get theirs.
From The Black Library:
About the Book:
Codex: Legion of the Damned allows you to add Legion of the Damned squads into your Warhammer 40,000 army, or field them as a detachment in their own right. It includes extensive background on the mysterious Legion of the Damned, detailing the times they have appeared to fight alongside the armies of the God-Emperor. Also inside you will find rules for Legion of the Damned units, as well as three new missions, an artefact and Warlord Traits and, all unique to these legendary warriors.
You can buy it on The Black Library website for $ 16.99
I know I have a small contingent and need more.
A new Imperial Knight rules clarification was posted online.
With escalation and 40K turning into Apocalypse, it is worth noting.
via Jes Bickham (White Dwarf editor)
Some clarification on the rules we presented in White Dwarf today for some folks here: the Imperial Knights don't occupy any force organisation slots, they are not Lords of War, they are an army unto themselves. Something we forgot to say is that all Imperial Knights are scoring units, and if you're playing 3-6 as a primary detachment, pick one as your Warlord.
Posted on GW Digital's Facebook page.
Knights are hot!