- RSS Channel Showcase 8433691
- RSS Channel Showcase 4878985
- RSS Channel Showcase 1785430
- RSS Channel Showcase 7684647
Articles on this Page
- 08/31/15--08:46: _Forge World Release...
- 09/11/15--18:36: _Forge World Release...
- 09/26/15--08:55: _ Forge World New Re...
- 10/17/15--09:22: _Forge World Seminar...
- 10/18/15--19:03: _Forge World Release...
- 10/23/15--09:29: _Raven Guard Mor Dey...
- 10/25/15--20:05: _New Anvil Industrie...
- 10/27/15--17:35: _GW announces Plasti...
- 10/28/15--11:58: _GW Horus Heresy Pla...
- 10/29/15--07:02: _Horus Heresy Plasti...
- 10/29/15--09:35: _More Horus Heresy P...
- 10/30/15--16:36: _Forge World Release...
- 10/30/15--21:52: _Betrayal at Calth D...
- 10/31/15--07:48: _Happy Halloween!
- 11/08/15--19:41: _Betrayal at Calth P...
- 11/10/15--15:03: _Anvil Industries ne...
- 11/11/15--08:59: _Betrayal at Calth B...
- 11/15/15--00:24: _Forgeworld Releases...
- 11/15/15--08:54: _Forge World Mastado...
- 12/03/15--13:20: _Warhammer World Day...
- 08/31/15--08:46: Forge World Releases Mechanicum Army List
- 09/11/15--18:36: Forge World Releases Blood Angel Upgrades
- 09/26/15--08:55: Forge World New Releases - Titans!
- 10/17/15--09:22: Forge World Seminar at 40K Open Day
- 10/18/15--19:03: Forge World Releases Mechanicum Cerastus Knight-Atrapos
- 10/23/15--09:29: Raven Guard Mor Deythan Strike Squad has steep price!
- 10/25/15--20:05: New Anvil Industries Accessories
- Power plant with four attachement points, approx 13mm high and 15mm wide.
- 4 x mechanical limb with an assortment of claws and cutting torches, each limb would be approx 25 long if fully extended straight.
- Power Wrench/Axe with integrated large bionic hand, for easy attachement to a miniatures wrist.
- 10/27/15--17:35: GW announces Plastic Horus Heresy
- 10/28/15--11:58: GW Horus Heresy Plastic Details Emerge
- 10/29/15--07:02: Horus Heresy Plastic Marine Photos!
- 10/29/15--09:35: More Horus Heresy Plastics Photos: Terminators!
- 10/30/15--21:52: Betrayal at Calth Details!
- 10/31/15--07:48: Happy Halloween!
- 11/08/15--19:41: Betrayal at Calth Play Test
- It's surprisingly tactical, as you take turns activating units, with each unit being about to be activated twice a turn, making unit order and locations important, as your opponent can counter you between movement and shooting (or shooting twice, or moving twice).
- Bolters are as lethal as they are in the books, all weapons wound and crit on the same dice rolls, the special/heavy weapons are just bonus effects rather than the main source of damage. you roll all your shots at once, then choose which weapons 'critical hit' effect is active, this ranges from additional attacks, to auto-removing the target's remaining activation counters, to removing armour dice.
- Wounding works differently as well, basically, you have your wound pile of successful attacks, and you pick the first model in the hex, they then get a base about of armour saves (fixed number, rather than one against every wound), successful saves, removes a single wound counter from the pool, then if there are more wounds left than the model's stamina stat, he dies. (removing that number of wounds from the pool, then picking the next model and so forth until you run out of targets or wounds. this means weapons like the bolter (with 4 shots) can lay down enough firepower to auto-kill other models, through sheer weight of fire.
- The 'you move a unit, i move a unit' mechanics work well for keeping players focused on the game, as they don't have long periods of doing nothing, but rolling a few armour saves. each unit has two activates each turn, and can move 1-2 hexs, shoot, merge hexes with other models if room or melee with each activation, so players have to be tactical in moving and shooting as the opponent has a chance to move models out of the way or open fire before you can do the second part.
- Specialist weapons (everything that isn't a bolter) seem well balanced, and add flavour rather than sheer damage output (they do that as well). each has its place, and as all weapons wound on the same dice roll, your taking them for their attack dice numbers (all high) and their critical damage effects which are all useful.
- 11/10/15--15:03: Anvil Industries new Marine Accessories.
- 11/11/15--08:59: Betrayal at Calth Books Released
- 11/15/15--00:24: Forgeworld Releases Leviathan Siege Dreanought
- 11/15/15--08:54: Forge World Mastadon Work in Progress
- 12/03/15--13:20: Warhammer World Day Trip
Forge World has released the Mechanicum Army List in hard cover.
A perfect compliment to other army books it has released, this volume covers all Mechanicum units.
From Forge World:
You can buy it here.
The Blood Angels are here! And they are looking good!
Blood Angels Legion Heads Upgrade Set £11.50 ($17.75)
Blood Angel Shoulder pads sold in sets of 10 for £9.50 ($14.65)
Blood Angels Legion MkIV Shoulder Pads
The Titan accessories keep coming!
Forge World has released Apocalypse Missile Launchers for the Warlord and Titan transfer sheets.
Legio Mortis Transfer Sheet
Legio Gryphonicus Transfer Sheet
Legio Fureans Transfer Sheet
Legio Atarus Transfer Sheet
Legio Astorum Transfer Sheet
Well, I couldn't make it to Open Day at Warhammer World, but thankfully my battle brothers at Battle Bunnies were there (it helps to actually live in the same country!).
Make sure you check out their website as they are a bunch of guys totally dedicated and obsessed with the Heresy!
Also, we had a lot of members of the Heresy30K Forum there with some highlights:
Book 6 is called Retribution
5 new stories and battles
One has DA, one BA and one Scars
New Legendary missions, new forces
Blackshield and Knight errants
Expanded shattered legions
Combinable Rites of War for the Shattered Legions!
New Rites of War will be based on Black Library events
The iron warriors have one based on a short where they were charging between their own bombardment.
Word Bearers have a Gal Vorbak one
Andy Hoare: There are going to be around 30 Rites of War released in Book 6.
Thousand Sons will have their own Legion specific psychic powers
Bedford has started work on Tyrant Siege (Although last event weren't they supposed to be mostly done?)
Atrementar rules are in concept
Much thanks to Battle Bunnies!
More Knight Goodness from Forge World
From Forge World:
Mechanicum Cerastus Knight-Atrapos
One of the rarest and most potent Knights, the Knight-Atrapos is a unique variant type of the Cerastus pattern. Bearing particularly rare and potent weaponry of annihilation, the Cerastus Knight-Atrapos was created solely to destroy heretek engines and xenos war machines whose very nature and existence were considered a blasphemy to the Omnissiah.
The machine spirits of the Knight-Atrapos are said to carry with them a cold and all-destroying hunger, and for the scion who bonds with them, madness is a constant risk. But for such storied honour, however dark the outcome, this may be a price worth paying.
The Cerastus Knight-Atrapos carries arcane and devastating weapons into battle; the focussed and deadly Atrapos lascutter, that sees duty as both a ranged and close combat weapon, and the violently destructive, but potentially unstable, graviton singularity cannon. With the speed and shielding of the Cerastus chassis, and the Knight-Atrapos’ Marco-extinction Targeting Protocols, the Cerastus Knight-Atrapos is an uncommonly destructive weapon of war.
The Cerastus Knight-Atrapos may be taken as part of a Questoris Knight Crusade army or as a Lords of War choice for a Mechanicum Taghmata army in Horus Heresy games. Alternatively, it may be taken in Codex: Imperial Knights armies or as a Lords of War choice in an army of any faction that is part of the Armies of the Imperium in standard games of Warhammer 40,000.
This is a complete, multi-part resin kit. It includes a 170mm oval base.
Raven Guard goodness, but rather pricey!
Forge World released the Raven Guard Mor Deythan Strike Squad. But at £50 ($76.75 US) this is one of the more expensive 5 man units ever to come out of Forge World and fans are not happy. Discussion on the Horus Heresy Forum here.
Now I am not one to complain about Forge World prices, so I will get two squads for my Raven Guard, but still pricey!
From Forge World:
Two new cool accessories that work with Space Marines are out from Anvil Industries.
The Mechanical arm set is perfect for Tech Marines and goes for £6 or roughly $9 US.
Exo-Lord Jet Packs
Set of Five unique Jet Packs suitable for use with Exo-Lords and similarly sized miniatures. Approx 25mm wide and 20mm tall.
The Jet Packs are single piece casts, but each has been designed with Air intakes and thrusters at different angles, allowing for more variety in posing.
Supplied on a scenic sprue which can be used in basing.
The Horus Heresy is coming!
GW released a teaser trailer. Expect details next week!
Details are emerging on Facebook of the Horus Heresy Game.
From Lords of War on Facebook
– THIS IS NOT A LIMITED RELEASE– this is a boxed game and the models maybe used for Forge World’s Age of Darkness. If you don’t own their books you are missing out.
– Follow up to the last point, BUY THE FORGE WORLD BOOKS THEY ARE OUTSTANDING AND WORTH EVERY DIME OR PENCE (for my English friends).
– The sales of the box will dictate what will be released next, how it will be released and when it will be released. ONCE AGAIN, IF THESE SITES SAY THEY KNOW WHAT IS COMING OUT, THEY’RE LYING.
So in summary, there are 38 miniatures for $150 USD based on multiple sources. Pics show Mk. IV marines, Cataphractii Terminators and a Contemptor with Kheres Assault cannon and multi-melta.
Retail will be $150 and thus it will be a considerable deal compared to Forge World.
Plastic Terminator Sprue pics!
We get a Contemptor Dread and Cataphracti Termies in the new Horus Heresy Boxed Set!
From Spikey Bits:
Forge World releases Veletaris Storm section with axes!
Solar Auxilia Velataris Storm Section with Power Axes £41
From Forge World:
Consisting of 10 models, this unit is equipped with power axes and encased in reinforced void armour.
The Veletaris Storm Section with Power Axes is a complete multi-part resin kit that makes ten models. It includes ten 25mm round bases.
Details coming in hot!
Betrayal at Calth Product Pricing & Availability
From Warseer’s 75hastings69 10-30-2015
So the $ 150 price seems right on!
I want 4 sets
So what is the game like?
Garro from the Heresy30K Forum played today and posted this summary:
I played the first mission on saturday morning in store while waiting for pre-orders to go live.
Very fun, simple to get into, and very blood thirsty. Here's a few points i've picked up
From Anvil Industries:
A good deal at 5 pairs for £3.50 (About $5.30)
Centurion Leather Straps
A even better deal at 6 for £2.00 (About $3.00)
Find them all on their website.
Black Library has released two Betrayal at Calth novels.
There are two separate novels. One from each sides perspective.
The complete story of the battle between the Honoured and the Unburdened beneath the surface of Calth. Two old allies, now bitter foes, clash in the darkness, and only one will survive...
It's both sides of the story in one gorgeous box set. Two interlinking stories set in the caverns beneath Calth see the Ultramarines and Word Bearers battle to the death. And it might just be everybody's death, because there's something else in the darkness waiting to be unleashed from beyond the veil...
I ordered all of them!
The Siege Dread is here!
And my, it is a beast!
Rules available here:
With Storm Canon and Grav Flux Bombard:
Leviathan with weapons £72 ($110)
Leviathan Body £46 ($70)
Weapons £13 each ($20)
Everyone needs one!
The Mastadon is coming from Forge World!
The giant troop transport we have heard about will be coming from Forge World. These are some early WIP shots. Word is the top has been re-designed.
Thanks to Raglan on the Horus Heresy Forum for posting these.
Loken here. I will be flying over to Nottingham for a day at Warhammer World this Saturday, December 5th. Any Horus Heresy fans who are in the area, please come by and share a pint at Bugman's or a game at Warhammer World.
If you want to come by email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And I plan to spend some coin here...
See you there!