- RSS Channel Showcase 9877073
- RSS Channel Showcase 5196952
- RSS Channel Showcase 2537701
- RSS Channel Showcase 9111088
Articles on this Page
- 12/01/13--08:49: _Escalation and Stro...
- 12/01/13--22:02: _New Thousand Sons H...
- 12/02/13--07:35: _Castellum Stronghol...
- 12/04/13--08:56: _Lorgar is Coming!
- 12/08/13--10:26: _Codex Space Marines...
- 12/09/13--07:04: _Forge World Release...
- 12/10/13--07:11: _Forge World Release...
- 12/11/13--10:02: _Forge World Top 10 ...
- 12/12/13--09:21: _Tyranid Notes
- 12/12/13--16:29: _Tyranids are Coming!
- 12/13/13--00:25: _The Big Game 4 is c...
- 12/13/13--09:17: _Forge World Release...
- 12/14/13--14:36: _Cypher is Coming!
- 12/15/13--08:21: _News from the Front...
- 12/15/13--22:04: _New Resin Accessori...
- 12/17/13--09:40: _Every Horus Heresy ...
- 12/17/13--23:41: _40K Lore: The Perpe...
- 12/18/13--07:44: _World Eaters Red Bu...
- 12/19/13--07:40: _Resin Roundup - Sci...
- 12/20/13--06:57: _Dark Lance Auction ...
- 12/01/13--08:49: Escalation and Stronghold Assault arrive!
- 12/01/13--22:02: New Thousand Sons Horus Heresy Audiobook
- 12/02/13--07:35: Castellum Stronghold Rules Released
- 12/04/13--08:56: Lorgar is Coming!
- 12/08/13--10:26: Codex Space Marines: Ultima Edition Released
- 12/09/13--07:04: Forge World Releases Lorgar
- 12/10/13--07:11: Forge World Releases Medusan Immortals
- 12/11/13--10:02: Forge World Top 10 - Iron Hands Rule!
- 12/12/13--09:21: Tyranid Notes
- 12/12/13--16:29: Tyranids are Coming!
- 12/13/13--00:25: The Big Game 4 is coming March 15th
- 12/13/13--09:17: Forge World Releases Night Lords Raptors
- 12/14/13--14:36: Cypher is Coming!
- 12/15/13--08:21: News from the Front - Escalation, Imperial Armour & More.
- 12/15/13--22:04: New Resin Accessories for Chaos!
- 12/17/13--09:40: Every Horus Heresy Novel EVER!
- Horus Rising
- False Gods
- Galaxy in Flames
- Flight of the Eisenstein
- Descent of Angels
- Battle for the Abyss
- Tales of Heresy (short story anthology)
- Fallen Angels
- A Thousand Sons
- The First Heretic
- Prospero Burns
- Age of Darkness (short story anthology)
- The Outcast Dead
- Deliverance Lost
- Know No Fear
- The Primarchs (four novellas)
- Army of One (short story)
- Kryptos (short story)
- Shadows of Treachery
- Fear to Tread
- Angel Exterminatus
- Mark of Calth (short story anthology)
- Gates of Terra (short story)
- Promethean Sun (novella)
- Death of a Silversmith (short story)
- Distant Echoes of Old Night (short story)
- Lost Sons (short story)
- The Divine Word (short story)
- Vulkan Lives
- The Unremembered Empire
- Riven (short story)
- Angron (includes prose version of The Butcher's Nails and Lord of the Red Sands)
- Aurelian (novella)
- 12/17/13--23:41: 40K Lore: The Perpetuals
- 12/18/13--07:44: World Eaters Red Bucthers Photos
- 12/19/13--07:40: Resin Roundup - Scibor, Max Mini, Kromlech
- 12/20/13--06:57: Dark Lance Auction for Toys For Tots!
Escalation and Stronghold Assault are available for pre-order here. (Though you should but them from yoru FLGS and support them!)
From Games Workshop:
Warhammer 40,000: Escalation $49.50
Please note, this supplement is currently only available in English language.
Across the battlefields of the 41st Millenium, desperate commanders loose their greatest weapons of war. Classified “Lords of War” by the Imperium of Man, these vast and deadly assets bring a new level of destruction to the galaxy’s eternal war.
Warhammer 40,000: Escalation contains full rules for adding super-heavy vehicles and gargantuan creatures to every Warhammer 40,000 army. This means you can now use these massive models in games of Warhammer 40,000 as well as games of Apocalypse.
This 96-page, full colour, hardback supplement contains:
· A background section introducing Lords of War units and their terrifying impact on the battlefield.
· All the rules needed to play with super-heavy vehicles (including Flyers and Walkers) and Gargantuan Creatures, as well as rules for their potent wargear.
· An amended force organization chart that allows players to choose Lords of War units as part of their standard Warhammer 40,000 armies.
· Datasheets for every plastic super-heavy Citadel miniature, plus a selection of super-heavy vehicles and gargantuan creatures from Forge World.
· A showcase of expertly painted Lords of War Citadel miniatures.
· New Altar of War and Gauntlet Challenge missions that can be played instead of the Eternal War missions in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
You will need a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook and relevant codexes in order to use the contents of this book.
Warhammer 40,000: Stronghold Assault provides a plethora of background material and rules to turn any game of Warhammer 40,000 into full-blown siege warfare.
This 48-page, full colour, hardback supplement contains:
· New art, background, and timeline entries conveying the horror of siege warfare in the 41st Millennium.
· 17 fortifications datasheets for the full range of Warhammer 40,000 scenery that can be used by any Warhammer 40,000 army.
· Updated rules for buildings and fortifications for games of Warhammer 40,000.
· Additional rules for weapons and battlefield debris.
· Includes three new Siege War missions that can be played instead of the Eternal War missions in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
You will need a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook and relevant codexes in order to use the contents of this book.
Stronghold Assault combines all fortification rules into one book, similar to what "Death From the Skies" did for flyers. 17 fortification rules that make your 40K way more interesting and new missions to boot!
Escalation brings Super HEavies to 40K just like games using The Horus Heresy rules do for 30K, having a single "Lords of War" slot in your FOC. Make sense and since it works fine in 30K, it shouldn't be a problem in 40K.
The Thousand Sons are back!
The Black Library has released a new, 35 minute audio drama with the sons of Prospero. The description gives hints that Magnus and Ahriman are looking for clues as to which side they should align themselves with in the civil war that now engulfs the galaxy. If you follow the books of the Horus Heresy series, you know that after Prospero, the surviving Thousand Sons fled to the Eye of Terror and have so far remained neutral.
From The Black Library:
The Thousand Sons – a Legion whose destiny was irrevocably altered at Prospero, and yet who now seem to dance only to fate’s tune. Ahzek Ahriman and Magnus the Red cast their psychic sight over the galaxy, seeking any clue as to what the future might hold and where their true allegiance should ultimately be placed.
ABOUT THE AUDIO
A Horus Heresy audio drama written by Graham McNeill.Running time approx 35 mins.
The book is only available as an MP3 download as of now. You can buy it on the Black Library website.
Experimental rules are out for the Castellum Stronghold.
This is an awesome piece of terrain and now you have rules that fall in line with the new Stronghold Assault rules.
You can download them here:
Forge World has teased us in their latest newsletter that Lorgar is coming, but when? Well, we don't know! And it is unlikely we see him before Christmas, or else Forge World would be taking orders already.
I hate Lorgar. Just sayin.....
Got $ 250 to burn? Well, Games Workshop has figured out another way to take your cash!
The Space Marine Codex: Ultima Edition is a beautiful slip-cased series of books. Most of the content you have seen before, one volume is the codex, one is the art of the codex (though blown up and one image per page). There are new images in the miniature gallery volume and there is a new star map. All beautifully executed.
Now I won't be buying one because $ 250 is a lot of money and while I love my special editions, this doesn't offer me anything I don't have in other forms for the most part. But it is limited to 500, which is cool.
Understand that the problem is these type of special editions are not long term good investments, just look at the special edition rule books and Space Marine codex from Fourth Edition (I just picked up both for $ 20).
There is a good unboxing video you can see here:
From Games Workshop:
Open the magnetic lid and discover the full colour artwork adorning the inside then explore the contents:
Galaxis, a hardback wallet encasing a fold-out, full colour star map which featured in Codex: Space Marines. This version includes more locations, and more information, showing the Chapter home worlds, crusade fleets and other details to delight any Space Marine fan.
Illuminatus, a 72 page full colour, hardback art book showcasing the artwork from Codex: Space Marines. Each illustration is shown on its own page (or pages) and includes artist names and mediums. This book allows you to view the art in all its glory and it might just inspire your own hobby projects.
Adeptus Astartes, an 80-page full colour, hardback miniatures showcase book. This contains brand new miniatures photography, including a wealth of close-up shots. The entire book is devoted to showing off the Space Marines miniatures range.
Codex: Space Marines, a 178 page full colour, hardback codex. Inside this book is where you’ll find your collection’s unique numbering. Open the cover and you’ll see which of the 500 copies you own. This edition is presented in a unique cover with a red ribbon bookmark.
All four of these volumes are presented in a soft-touch matt finish with gloss detailing, and the pages are edged in black.
You can buy it here.
From Forge World:
Reunited with the Emperor, and at the head of the Word Bearers Legion, Lorgar Aurelian conquered, not simply through stratagem, overmatching power or simple brute violence, but by the subtle craft of exaltation, liberation and example. In his literal interpretation of the meaning of the Great Crusade, however, he and his Legion strayed from the path that had been set out for them.
For his failings, Lorgar received only disdain, contempt and censure from his siblings and father. His greatest success, Monarchia, was rendered to dust and ashes at the command of the Emperor, who sought no worship from his son, only swift victories to hasten his works. With his beliefs shattered, anger and resentment set in and Lorgar began to secretly accept new, darker truths. Both betrayer and betrayed, it was he who would set the stage for the nightmare of the Horus Heresy.
Lorgar, designed by Edgar Skomorowski, is an incredibly detailed multi-part resin model armed with Illuminarum and clad in the Armour of the Word. The newest edition to our Horus Heresy Character Series, Lorgar stands atop a scenic base depicting ritualistic trappings and inscriptions. You can see a video of Edgar talking about how he approached designing the model of Lorgar here.
Rules and background for the Primarch Lorgar Aurelian and his Legion can be found in The Horus Heresy Book Two: Massacre.
And a good video with sculptor Edgar Skomorowski:
Forge World released its November Top Ten.
No surprises in the # 1, but the Iron hands are getting some SERIOUS love from gamers!
1. Horus Heresy Book One: Massacre
2. Ferrus Manus Primarch of the Iron Hands
3. Iron Hands Legion MkIII Squad
4. Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal
5. Fire Raptor Gunship
6. Tau XV107 R'varna Battlesuit
7. Imperial Armour Apocalypse
8. Legion Praetors
9. Emperor's Children Legion Kacophoni
10. Fulgrim Primarch of the Emperor's Children
So basically Iron hands rule the roost and Emperors Children are picking up the rear of the top ten. No Sons of Horus anywhere!
Well, the information coming out on Tyranids is legion!
Here is one credible source who answers some questions on the new Tyranids. Note that the Nids are coming in January!
via Endobai on Warseer
Recent rumours, most likely from 4chan are mostly valid, but there are fakes coming from more... creative sources
Some might be still spot on, so I will only discuss those things I can confirm or deny easily.
1. Synapse gives eternal warrior
Not proven yet. Seems a good deduction considering the price of the Warriors which remains more or less unchanged, but so far I have no solid confirmation.
2. Gargoyles are troops.
Cannot confirm that. FOC changes via HQs are possible, but right now just a speculation.
3. Trygons (primes), Carnifex, Hive Tyrant, Tyrannofex, Venomthropes have significant point decreases
True. Values are posted elsewhere, cannot tell if all are accurate, but in general there is a point decrease.
4. Zoanthropes come with Psychic Scream, and warp blast as standard
Nothing supporting this. I said some creatures are assigned specific powers and in this case it is a prime candidate, but right now I cannot say a definitive yes.
5. Brain leach devourers no longer strength 6
6. The Crone has a massive vector strike
Don't remember, but both are quite likely.
7. Tervigon, Warriors, gene stealers have significant price increases
Warriors and Genes stay the same, upgrades are either cheaper or more expensive, but the basic cost is identical.
Tervigon is more expensive, by about a nude Warrior cost.
8. No Doom, Parasite, Spore pod.
Cannot say for sure, but no confirmation they are and no traces of their presence I could find.
9. The big cannon bug has two different firing modes, one being a D3 Large Blast and one being multiple high strength, low AP shooting attacks.
Have no idea why it is supposedly D3. One concentated large blast with Ap2 and S7 or six lesser shots (six barrels).
BTWInteresting bit. The gun is the brain of the creature, the grinning imbecile below is just the muscle useful to allow the brain to calculate all those things it likes and no doubt design subtle works of surreal art from the splattered remains of the enemy. Think Master-Blaster from 'Mad Max 3'.
10. Hungry eyes bug has the ability to magna grapple vehicles and enemy troops.
Nice, but pure speculation so far.
Primaris: Dominion, blessing, +6" synapse range for the casterDon't remember.
Catalyst - FnP for caster and unit, and another unit in 12"True.
the Horror - Broodlord have this powerTrue.
5. Psychic Scream - 1 charge, nova 6", each target takes 2d6+2 minus its Ld wounds without covers and armors
6. Warp Blast - 2charges, witchfire, unchangedDon't remember.
Will have access to BRB powers.
No reason to disprove it now or earlier.
The Tyranids were spotted in "Escalation". Here is what we know of the upcoming release.
Thanks to Larry at BoLS for collating these. They are basically from all over the net.
The total release contains 9 new kits, 3 clamshells. ZERO Finecast.
At least 1 new unit per FOC category.
Tyranids may ally with themselves. Their ally FOC is as follows: 1HQ and 2 Troops default, plus optional 1 Elites, 1-2 troop, 1 Fast Attack, 1 Heavy Support.
Biomorphs are in a seperate codex section in categories, with various Tyranid creatures having access to different categories. Biomorph categories are:
- Basic biomorphs
- Rare biomorphs
- Psychic-Leader biomorphs
- Unique biomorphs (only 1 each per army)
Ymgarl Genestealers retain their ability to assault out of their hidden location.
Lictors only allow snap shots plus gain a hefty cover save when they are unveiled.
Raveners and Hormagaunts are Beasts.
Hormagaunts come equipped with Fleet by default.
Genestealers gain an A, and WS bonus.
Carnifex gains a T bonus, and may take virtually every biomorph in the codex (bringing back all those plastic bits from the kit into use.)
Trygon Primes move to HQ.
Venomthropes and Lictors are purchased in broods of 1-3 per FOC slot, but deploy and operate independently on battlefield.
New dedicated Transport big bug. May purchase a twinlinked set of heavy weapons, Transport capacity of 20 small bugs. Counts as an opened top vehicle for assault purposes.
Another "new" big bug is a direct import from EPIC with it's name unchanged.
Trygon & Raveners digital dataslate from GW Digital the same month as the codex release with a formation allowing Raveners to assault out of the Trygon's Deep Strike tunnel.
Tyranid psykers generate psychic powers in a new way. They gain 1 warp charge from each synapse creature within 6" but each synapse creature only generates a single warp charge. Tyranid psykers additionally gain a single warp charge per mastery level. This rule mechanic depicts the ability of the Tyranid Hivemind to focus power to key psychic organisms via the synaptic network. Each psychic organism however does have a maximum amount of warp charges it may utilize in a single turn, to prevent abusive "machine gun use of powers".
Apparently units of multiple synapse creatures now have another useful purpose - psychic reservoir.
There is also contradictory chatter on whether or not the new Tyranid psychic powers will replace the rulebook powers entirely. Some say yes, some say no.
Psychic Powers table:
Various tongues are wagging that one of the new big bugs is the old EPIC chesnut, the Haruspex. Not only that, but the Haruspex is only one half of a combo kit and yet another EPIC big bug is buildable from the kit. ~PS, there's really not that many left... go looking.
Broodlord comes with fixed psychic power and a large number of biomorph options.
There is suddenly a distinct number of rumormongers talking about the removal of the Mycetic Spore and any other unit without a model in the codex (you do the math). Some chatter says the rumored Dedicated Transport big bug may replace it entirely as it never received a model in the first place.
- Purchasing a single 30-model Termigant unit unlocks Tervigons as TROOPS choice.
Tervigon upgrades include:
20pts - enlarged spawns roll 4d6.
15pts - unlimited spawns, never "burn out"
Both upgrades can be purchased
Army Special Rules
Synapse providing Eternal Warrior.
New Releases January 11th
Codex Tyranids $49.50
Tyranid Psychic Cards $6
Tyranid Harpy - Hive Crone $80
Tyranid Exocrine - Haruspex $73
Tyranid Warriors (3 model kit) $51
Tyranid Hive Guard/ Tyrant Guard (3 model kit) $70
Carnifex Brood (2 model kit) $90
Tyranid Swarm (95 model boxed set) $170
So save up and get ready to buy some bugs!
The Big Game 4 is coming! And you and your gaming store/group can participate.
Loken here again! For the past 3 gamers from around the world have participated in the World's Biggest Apocalypse Game. Last yearwe had 25 locations World Wide in SEVEN countries!
US (14 locations)
Russia (5 locations)
United Kingdom (2 locations)
So this year we need to get even bigger! The rules are simple, follow our objective scoring rules so we can add up the scores for all over the world, and then do whatever you want!
What to do?
1) Join the Apocalypse Forums here: http://apocalypse40k.com/
2) Join The Big Game Group on Facebook
And get your game group or store to join the fun!
Photos from last year:
The Raptors are here! And just in time for Christmas.
Forge World continues its incredible velocity of releases with the Night Lords Raptors. And they are VERY cool.
From Forge World:
Designed by Steve Whitehead, the Night Raptors are a five man multi-part kit fitted out in customised Mk IV Maximus Armour that features many grisly trophies’ and are equipped with bolt pistols and a variety of close combat weapons including a Nostraman chainglaive.
Spotted over on BoLS from the Black Library Advent Calendar is Cypher!
That's right, expect to fine Cypher coming your way the end of this month!
What do we know about Cypher? Let's look at the Wiki for him!
There you go! So follow the Advent on the Black Library website.
Escalation and Stronghold Assault have created havoc in the 40K world.
Players all over the gaming world are talking about how 40K is becoming Apocalypse. More on that later this week.
For now, Forge World adds fuel to the fire!
Forge World releases "Lords of War" PDF.
Want to know what Forge World is legal to use in 40K as a "Lord of War"?
The new list can be downloaded here.
The Vengeance of Ultramar from The Black Library
Coming December 25th is a graphic novel about the Ultramarines. Watch the video teaser (which really is a tease).
Imperial Armour 2: War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes.
A video review of Forge World's Imperial Armour 2: War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes from Spikey Bitz!
Enjoy your weekend!
A new company called Evil Craft is producing resin accessory parts for Chaos.
The parts are beautiful and I hope to have some to try out soon. And you have to wonder about the company's tag line. Hmmmmm. Is this a subtle dig at GW?
You can get all the basics and they all look amazing.
You can check out their product line here.
From The Black Library:
Every eBook in the Horus Heresy series. Includes all 23 novels in the Horus Heresy series, plus six novellas, and 28 short stories all in eBook format.
Order it here:
There are also other bundles, so check them out.
Again before I get started I want to say, SPOILERS AHEAD. If you have not read through The Unremembered Empire, and don't want any of the surprises about the Perpetuals ruined then stop reading - right now.
|I couldn't find a picture for him.|
|Ferrus 1 Vulkan 2,476,098,736,764...|
While we have seen these before, it is worth sharing some photo of the Red Butchers from Forge World.
This is a work In progress. World Eaters were the topic of discussion in The Horus Heresy Forums (which you should join) and these were posted and are worth posting here.
Kromlech has released their Stygian Legs, which obviously are perfect for your Thousand Sons.
You can find these on the Kromlech web store on eBay.
These go with their Stygian Shoulder Pads previously released:
Scibor has released another amazing 28mm figure called Cezar of Rome.
It goes with their entire Roman Legionnaire army figures, which are a great proxy for Adeptus Custodes.
Max Mini has new Officer Heads.
And Puppets War has previewed their new Destroyers.
So go forth and customize!
Another of Tom McBride's awesome Fellblades is going on the auction block!
You can find it on eBay now.
The Angelus Redemptor’s service to the Dark Angels Legion can be traced back to the later days of the Great Crusade where it served as the command vehicle of their elite armored company known as the Ironwing. Constructed by the Legion’s techmarines under the gaze of the Mechanicum this super-heavy tank was fitted with a unique dual chambered plasma reactor that could not only power the machine’s main drive indefinitely but could also be tapped to provide munitions for its vast array of plasma based weaponry. However, in the chaotic aftermath of the Horus Heresy the Angelus Redemptor disappeared from the Imperial records and it was feared lost to the Mechanicum, until now….
At long last it is here, rolling from the forges of Blood & Skulls Industry and expertly painted by Tommy Clark “Munkey Joe”. I present to you the Dark Angels very own super-heavy tank: The Angelus Redemptor! Based on the Baneblade plastic kit this tank is loaded with tons of resin parts from Blood & Skulls Industry and Games Workshop plastic bits making it one huge custom model that would be the centerpiece of any Dark Angel army. Gothic, mysterious, and armed with more plasma weapons then you can shake a Sword of Secrets at this machine of war truly has a place alongside the sons of Lion El’Johnson on the battlefield. And now it can be yours!
The Angelus Redemptor is now available for auction on eBay but the story does not end there! In keeping with the holiday spirit 100% of the money raised from this auction will go to Toys for Tots, and I’ll even cover the shipping. So be your own angel astartes to the children in need this season and place a bid today!