- RSS Channel Showcase 8894461
- RSS Channel Showcase 4723231
- RSS Channel Showcase 5548433
- RSS Channel Showcase 6312166
Articles on this Page
- 03/07/14--07:39: _GW Closes Memphis B...
- 03/08/14--07:51: _Crimson Slaugher Re...
- 03/09/14--10:20: _Imperial Guard Note...
- 03/10/14--00:04: _The Big Game in Sou...
- 03/10/14--09:23: _Forge World Blog # ...
- 03/11/14--10:56: _Horus is Coming!
- 03/12/14--08:32: _New Ogryn and Hydra...
- 03/14/14--07:49: _Forge World Mechani...
- 03/14/14--14:42: _The Big Game IV Hou...
- 03/17/14--07:00: _Forge World Blog # ...
- 03/17/14--16:11: _Updated Force Organ...
- 03/18/14--22:49: _New White Dwarf Photo
- 03/19/14--08:27: _Forge World release...
- 03/19/14--20:47: _Knight Lancer Coming?
- 03/20/14--08:30: _Void Shield Generat...
- 03/21/14--05:30: _Forge World Iron Ha...
- 03/22/14--07:56: _New Games Workshop ...
- 03/23/14--13:07: _Ork Rumor Roundup
- 03/24/14--07:54: _Forge World Mechani...
- 03/24/14--17:04: _Imperial Guard are ...
- 03/07/14--07:39: GW Closes Memphis Battle Bunker
- 03/08/14--07:51: Crimson Slaugher Released!
- 03/09/14--10:20: Imperial Guard Notes and Photos!
- 03/10/14--00:04: The Big Game in Southern California - March 15th
- 03/10/14--09:23: Forge World Blog # 8 Out
- 03/11/14--10:56: Horus is Coming!
- 03/12/14--08:32: New Ogryn and Hydra Photos!
- 03/14/14--07:49: Forge World Mechanicum Myrmidon Secutors
- 03/14/14--14:42: The Big Game IV House Rules
- 03/17/14--07:00: Forge World Blog # 9 and Damocles Crusade
- 03/17/14--16:11: Updated Force Organization Chart
- 03/18/14--22:49: New White Dwarf Photo
- 03/19/14--08:27: Forge World releases Horus the Warmaster!
- 03/19/14--20:47: Knight Lancer Coming?
- 03/20/14--08:30: Void Shield Generator and Quake Craters!
- 03/21/14--05:30: Forge World Iron Hands Iron Father
- 03/22/14--07:56: New Games Workshop Website
- 03/23/14--13:07: Ork Rumor Roundup
- 03/24/14--07:54: Forge World Mechanicum Krios Battle Tank
- 03/24/14--17:04: Imperial Guard are Coming!
GW is closing the Memphis Battle Bunker.
From James on the World of Battle Facebook page
|The Big Game III at the Memphis Battle Bunker|
A sad day indeed.
- Supplemental rules for building an unstoppable army of the merciless Crimson Slaughter.
- A showcase of Crimson Slaughter miniatures.
- A series of narrative missions that enable you to recreate some of the Crimson Slaughters bloody battles.
- Rules for unique relics, Warlord Traits and new stratagems that reflect the Crimson Slaughter's favoured tactics.
Chaos Hellbrute $ 54
The Imperial Guard (Astra Miliatrum) codex is coming!
And here is what is coming!
Militatus Tempestus Taurox Prime $48
Militaus Tempestus Scions combo kit $35
Codex Militarus Tempestus 72pp $49.50 (apparently another supplemental codex)
Photos posted here:
OK, that vehicles looks stupid. Those tracks are just....ugh.
Dice of War Games
9047 Arrow Route, Suite # 140
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91602
Join the Apocalypse Forum for more info.
The newest Forge World Blog is out.
Just one interesting shot, and it isn't very revealing. I still wish these blog entries had more meat, considering they are only once a week posts. Considering how much is going on at Forge World, more photos really are a must.
However, there is good info on what's coming at Forge World Open Day:
"So far I know that a mighty warrior from the Horus Heresy will be unveiled and a new Mechanicum vehicle will roll out of the Forge World manufactorum. I've also seen some more brand new Realm of Battle Industrial boards and caught sight of what Phil Stutcinskas has been busy working away on – a mightily impressive behemoth in the form of a new super-heavy Space Marine tank."
You can read the latest blog here.
There are new Ogryn's and a new Hydra coming.
The photos are up on Darog's Company. It is about time we got a Hydra, some 4 years after it found its way into the Imperial Guard codex. New Ogryn's? Meh. They better change the rules so they are more interesting to take.
More Mehcanicum models are here!
From Forge World:
The Secutors are big. Look at the comparison with a Terminator:
2. Any unit with a WS that is not a gargantuan Creature or Super Heavy Walker may deny an objective. The other rules Denial Units on page 123 still apply.
3. Little things do not affect big things, meaning special rules of codex forces do not affect Gargantuan Creatures or any model with structure points, such as Tech Priest repairs, Mec Boyz force fields etc. However, there are some Apoc units/formations that employ “little things”, such as an Ork Kustom Force Field as part of the Dread Mob formation, or the Ork Repair Krew, etc.. and these are the only exceptions.
4. Unlimited range weapons and effects in 40K are limited to 120” in Apocalypse. Any character ability and/or psychic power that has “unlimited range”, “tabletop”, or other similar description has a range of 36".
5. Any player can only have one of each named character.
6. That named character cannot be part of more than 1 formation.
7. Characters and Allies. Allies allowed as per 6th Edition. Player identifies a Primary Force and builds allies accordingly. If you take allied armies, special rules from one army DO NOT carry over to the other armies. For example, Vulcan He'stan's special rules ONLY affect your codex Space Marines, and not any allied Witchhunters, Demon hunters or non-codex marines (e.g. Blood Angels).
8. All Superheavy Vehicles and Walkers must begin the game deployed on the table. Superheavy Flyers and other Superheavies that are not allowed to start on the table are the only exceptions.
9. All vehicles on the table at the start of the game count as having moved prior to the first turn (i.e. Weapon Skill 1). For jink purposes, all applicable vehicles count as having moved at combat speed.
10. Superheavy Cover Saves: Superheavy Walkers, Titans, Leviathans and Gargantuan Creatures may claim a 5+ cover save from buildings or other Superheavy Walkers, so long as the intervening object is large enough to obscure 50% or more of the Superheavy. Superheavy Ground vehicles (Baneblade-types, Superheavy Grav Tanks, etc….) can claim a 5+ cover save from terrain and other vehicles, so long as they are 50% or more obscured.
11. Any Strategic Reserves not on the table by the start of Turn 3 are DEAD. (Exceptions are units that have been forced into subsequent turns, such as Deep Strike mishaps).
12. Players entering from Reserves are not affected by any Disruptor Beacon if the Reserves are attempting to enter on one of their own board edges. Reserves are assumed to have been just behind the front lines and moving up, and thus not easily misdirected. This ONLY applies to models moving on from your own board edge.
13. Reserves: Place Model or Unit along appropriate table edge. Reserves must be able to enter the table FULLY. If a player cannot fit a unit/vehicle fully onto the table (because of terrain or enemy models), then it cannot enter play at that particular point. Once model or unit is on the table, then it may move as normal.
14. Reserves and Assaults- Reserves that come from their own table edge may assault, but Flank Marches and units that appear on any enemy table edge cannot.
15. If a Vortex grenade touches a building/ruins, the building/ruins is removed from play. Any model in that building/ruins must take an initiative text. If it fails, it is removed from play (even units that are normally immune to Instant Death).
16. Each player gets one Strategic Asset, plus any asset granted for any formation he fields.
17. The following Assets may NOT be taken: Jammers, Vital Objective.
18. Tunnels cannot be used with Careful Planning
19. Flank March is limited to one unit of no more than 1,000 points.
20. If you get Flank March as part of a specific formation, then it only applies to that formation, not your whole army. A Flank Marching unit may NOT use Careful Planning to arrive before Turn 2.
21. A Land Raider Prometheus allows you to choose one unit to Flank March, and then that unit is limited to 1000 total points in value.
22. Under no circumstances can Gargantuan Creatures or Super Heavy Vehicles Flank March.
23. The Replacements strategic Asset may only be used on units 500 points or less.
24. Abilities and other things that apply to your army ONLY apply to your army (i.e. homing beacons cannot be used by your allies, summoning daemons using another players icon, using psychic powers on other allies’ models, etc.)
25. With regards to ZOOMING FLYERS, disregard the 1” rule as detailed on page 80 of the core rulebook. However, flyers that are hovering must still abide by the 1” rule.
26. Necron Lord of Storm ability- when shooting the lightning attack, player rolls 1D6+6 (instead of affecting every unit on the battlefield). The resulting number is the total number of unengaged enemy units that can be targeted (player can pick anywhere on the table). Roll a D6 for each unit that is targeted, on a 6, that unit is affected as normal.
-18” No Mans Land instead of 12”.
Forge World Blog # 9 is up and the Damocles Crusade is out!
Nothing new on the Forge World blog. Rather boring actually.
You can read the blog here.
The new Damocles Crusade Warzone book is out. Pretty cool the way GW keeps adding to the Apocalypse world.
From Games Workshop:
All across the Damocles Gulf planet-wide battles are being fought. Led by Commander Shadowsun, the Tau have returned to reclaim the region they lost long ago. The Imperial Guard, bolstered by White Scars and Raven Guard Space Marines and Imperial Knights, defend the worlds of the Imperium against the Tau Third Sphere Expansion.
Apocalypse War Zone Damocles is the 4th book in the series. This 68 page, full-colour hardback book includes:
- Eighteen new data sheets for Imperial Guard, Imperial Knights, Space Marines and Tau Empire.
- 4 New apocalypse missions
- New strategic assets and Damocles finest hours
- Ties in to Warzone: Damocles and Codex: Imperial Knights
- Four brand new linked novellas from different authors.
- Features Tau vs White Scars, Raven Guard and Imperial Knights
Damocles is a 416 page hardback anthology by Ben Counter, Guy Haley, Phil Kelly & Josh Reynolds. Exclusive to games-workshop.com, blacklibrary.com, Games Workshop stores and independent trade retailers.
Where is Force Org now?
Courtesy of Oliver East on the Apocalypse 40k Facebook Group is an updated Force Org. Chart as well as Army Listings and an Index. Have a look and see the big picture of where the hobby is. :)
Son of Dorn
When the Emperor stood apart from the burden of the command of the Great Crusade, it was Horus he declared Warmaster in his stead, shortly after this the Luna Wolves were renamed the Sons of Horus in his honour. But ambition and pride festered within the Warmaster's heart and at Davin he fell, and the lies and corruption of the Warp infected his soul. From then on he plotted with dark forces to usurp the Emperor's throne and become the master of Mankind, throwing the galaxy into bloody civil war.
Horus the Warmaster, designed by Simon Egan, is an amazingly detailed multi-part resin model representing the Warmaster at the start of the Horus Heresy. He is shown equipped with his unique suit of Terminator armour – the Serpent’s Scales, and is armed with the Warmaster's Talon and the power maul Worldbreaker.
The latest addition to our Horus Heresy Character Series stands atop a scenic base depicting Warmaster Horus triumphant upon the ruins of an Imperial building. The model is also provided with a smaller removable base for gaming use and as with all of our Character Series models is supplied in a display box as shown.
This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Monday 14th April. You can find out more about how Simon Egan approached this most iconic of Horus Heresy modelling projects by clicking on the video banner below. You can also get a sneak peak of The Horus Heresy Book Three: Extermination in the second video included.
Full rules for this model can be found in The Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal.
I still don't like him as a bald guy. Buy him on the Forge World website.
Larry Vela, overlord of Bell of Lost Souls, reported a new rumor this week.
Release date: Q3 2014
New terrain is coming from GW
A special limited edition void shield generator (limited to 1,000) and "Quake Craters" ar ethe upcoming terrain releases from Games Workshop.
The Void Shield Generator is resin, which makes one wonder if it is a Forge World produced kit.
The Quake Craters are plastic and come in two pieces, which can be mixed to make all sorts of different craters, or interlocked to create a defense line.
I am always up for more terrain. Count me in for both.
Forge World Iron Hands Iron Father is out. I wish they would make these as standard tech marines!
From Forge World:
You can buy the Iron Father on the Forge World website.
It costs £19.50 or $32.
Another winner from Forge World. Damn, they keep coming out with great stuff!
The new Games Workshop website is up!
OK, they took it down. :-( I guess it wasn't supposed to be live. Oh well, I have to say, it looks great (trust me) I didn't think they really needed to change it, but at least the change is a visual improvement and will serve Games Workshop well.
Still have the Mob and Furious Charge rules
Orks now have 6+ FNP
Each unit now has Waaagh! points
Waaagh! charge now per unit, not per army.
Sluggas generate 1 Waaagh! point for each turn in combat
Shootas generate 1 point for each unit kill with shooting
Waaagh points also generated from every 3 units of 10+ models (unsure of this one)
Mega Armour now has Deepstrike rule
Unit gets 2pts cheaper and weapons are now upgrades.
Choppas are AP6. +1str AP4 on charge. Cost 1pt each
Shootas cost 2pts each
Big Choppas now +2str AP4. AP3 on charge
Deffguns are now options
Unit is now cheaper and has more options for weapons
Gains new rule: Loot
- If in base-to-base contact with a destroyed vehicle, they can fire one of its weapons. Not clarified if per turn or per game.
Weapons now have random range instead of random AP
New range is 12 + 3D6”. Triple 1 on range causes Overheat
Weapon upgrade options include +1Bs, +1 Attack, Blast, Skyfire
Can now assault Fliers
Must move 18” on movement if charging a flier
Whole bunch of Grot units, including Grot Buggies, Whirlybirds, Rokkits and Snotlings
Grot Boss unit – has same stats as an Ork Boy with +1Bs
Now separate from Grots
Units of up to 20, 2pts per model
Has an upgrade called Control Collars: basically, bomb collars that explode when the unit fails Leadership. Think alternative for Runtherders
Now have a warp powers table; either Divination, Gork or Mork
Use Waaagh! points for powers
Waaagh points also contribute to Weirdboy’s death. When he dies, casts "Eadbanga" on himself. More points means bigger and more powerful explosions
Bomb squigs now can be taken as units
Includes more options. Can have upgrades for more powerful explosions or melta
Due to Waaagh! changes, Ghaz has 3 Waaaghs! Not sure if armywide or distributed to units
Killa Kanz to Elites – may require Grot boss
New unit of Warlord Nobz, can be taken as HQ. One Nob is the Warlord. On death, another Nob is the Warlord. Must kill entire unit for the kill
Possible mek tanks with upgrades
- Upgrades including a KFF and a SAG that shoots bomb squigs – if they miss you place a bomb squig
SAG and Flakk guns might be taken as Big Gunz unit
Halftrakk unit called Gutripper
Multi-wound Squiggoth-like beast
Goffs and Blood Axes first
Blood Axes can allow Kommandos as troops and can ally with Guardsmen
Snapfit mekboy and weirdboy?
Cybork body parts box
Combi Flash Gitz/Tankbustas box
And check out the Bell of Lost Souls Lounge for more.
The most common armament mounted upon the Krios is the lightning cannon. This configuration takes advantage of the tank’s powerful on-board reactor’s vast energy capacity to create a laser-path guided electromagnetic beam, able to vaporise flesh and rupture heavy armour with ease.
The rules for the Mechanicum Krios Battle Tank, as well as many other exciting new models, can be found in the forthcoming The Horus Heresy Book Three: Extermination.
A limited quantity of this multi-part resin kit, designed by Stuart Williamson, will be available to purchase at the Forge World Open Day and will also be available to pre-order on the day as well. The Krios Battle Tank will go on general release in the next few weeks.